- Go to WordPress (WP) http://wordpress.com/; Here’s the Get Started guide from WP for further help: http://learn.wordpress.com/get-started/
- Click on the “Sign Up for Free” blue button in the middle of the page.
- Select and enter: blog name, username, email & log-in information. Consider a name that you will want to use & share for your blog.
- Click the “Create Blog” Button for your FREE WP Blog
- Go to the email address you entered to Activate your blog
- Choose a starter theme for your blog. Be sure to click the “Show More Themes” button at the bottom & select a FREE theme
- To update your blog log into the wordpress.com website OR go to YourBlogName.wordpress.com/wp-admin & sign in
- Go to your WP Blog Dashboard to set up and personalize your blog & check out http://learn.wordpress.com/ to customize
What is a Blog? via @ProBlogger
How to Blog: Blogging Tips for Beginners via @ProBlogger
Warning: Do You Recognize These 21 Blogging Mistakes? via @ProBlogger
Blogging as literacy via Steve Wheeler (@timbuckteeth)
WP Tutorials http://wordpress.tv/
85 wordpress plugins for blogging journalists | Online Journalism Blog
12 Must-Do Tasks for the New WordPress Site Owner | Copyblogger