Looks like EDUCAUSE 2014 (#edu14) is just around the corner.
I am heading out to Orlando on Sunday and will be sharing my dissertations research at the #edu14 Virtual Seminar with Tanya Joosten (@tjoosten) on Monday, September 29, 2014. Interested in learning more about it? Sign up (HERE) for the online, half-day seminar to help with your social media planning:
Seminar 2A – The State of Social Media Guidance: Implications of Guidelines, Policies, and Practice in Higher Education (separate registration required)
Higher education institutions are using social media to communicate and engage their campus community; however, very few are examining the impact and implications of social media guidance. From research to practical applications, this seminar will detail the current state of social media guidance in postsecondary education and identify key elements of guiding principles that offer suggestions for student support, teaching, training and development, research, infrastructure, and more.
Participants will be able to:
- Articulate current higher education social media guidelines and policy document trends, categories, themes, and patterns emerging from research
- Identify practical components for effective social media guidelines for campuses
- Create meaningful guidelines and policies to positively impact teaching, learning, research, and development at your institution
Since I am only at #edu14 for a short stint, I plan on making the most of my time. Here is my quick hit list of sessions that are in line with my research agenda:
- Innovative Data-Driven Decision Making – Tuesday (9/30) @ 10:30 am
- The Evidence Toward Impact… OER Project -Tuesday (9/30) @ 11:40 am
- Social Media Constituent Group (#edusocmedia) – Tuesday (9/30) @ 3:40 pm
- #edusocmedia Happy Hour Tweetup (Get Social! All Welcome!) – Tuesday (9/30) @ 5:30-6:30 pm (David’s Club Bar & Grill @ The Hilton)
If I was staying longer at #edu14, I would most likely attend these sessions:
- EDUCAUSE Technology Research in the Academic Community: What Matters Most to Your Students and Faculty?
- Metrics Can Inspire Teams: Who Knew?
- The Top-Ten IT Issues for 2015: What They Are and What They Mean for You
- Assessment with Learning Analytics…
- CIOs Sound Off: To Be or Not to Be “Social”
- Building Connected Learning for the Digital Age
Will you be at EDUCAUSE 2014? What is your focus and objective for attending this year? More importantly, will we be able to have a bit of a chat around these issues. I hope so. See you @ #edu14!