Much of the session focused around:
- Open Educational Resources
- Open Content
- Open Access
For those of you who missed the presentation, you are able to access the Educause web seminar archive for the slides or recording of the online event. This session was also a good prelude for the Open Education Conference which will be held in Vancouver, BC August 12-14, 2009.
Great comments from the online chat in the session today. Here are a few messages that resonated with me:
- Can’t we set up private areas as well as shareable areas in our online learning environments? Both can be useful.
- Many faculty are online and don’t realize the extent possibly
- Old School Traditional Professors Unite–you have nothing to lose but your chains.
- A lot depends on the way the activities are integrated, and whether the teacher walks the walk him- or herself.
More converstations to follow on Twitter – #opened09